Xiang Xue Laboratory
Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Contact the Laboratory
Lab Physical Address
Biomedical Research Facility
Lab Mailing Address
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
Dr. Xue’s lab is focused on studying molecular mechanisms for inflammatory bowel disease and colorectal cancer. He utilizes cell line and enteroid cultures, mouse models, patient tissues and a wide array of molecular and biochemical methodologies. Several ongoing projects in the lab include:
- Why are micronutrients essential for cancer cell growth?
- How does mitochondrial metabolism regulate the progress of cancer?
- Whether stress activated pathways play a role in cancer cell metabolism?
- What role does hypoxia signaling have in intestinal inflammation and colorectal cancer?
- What is the critical link between nutrient homeostasis, inflammation and cancer?